New Delhi: Coronavirus cases are increasing in the country and many tough decisions are being taken by the government to deal with this epidemic. In the past, PM Narendra Modi had discussed the phone with the leaders of the opposition and asked for suggestions to deal with Corona. Now the interim president of the Congress, Sonia Gandhi, has written a letter to PM Modi, which has requested to implement it immediately. Sonia Gandhi has supported the central government’s decision to cut the salary of MPs by 30 percent. Apart from this, 5 suggestions have also been placed before PM Modi, which are as follows: –
1. All advertisements given by the government to television, print and online media should be banned. They should be closed for two years, so that the savings of Rs 1250 crore per year should be used to fight the corona.
2. The government has released 20 thousand crore rupees for construction work in government buildings, they should be stopped. Sonia Gandhi said that I am confident that work can be done from the present building of Parliament, with this amount, facilities like improvement of hospital, PPE can be arranged.
3. The pension of MPs, which has been cut by 30 percent in salary, can be used by giving financial assistance to laborers, farmers and small businessmen.
4. Foreign travel of all officials including the President, Prime Minister, Union Minister, Chief Minister, State Ministers should be stopped. The money saved from such trips can be used in the fight against Corona. Sonia wrote that 393 crore can be saved by stopping the visits of the Prime Minister and Union Ministers.
5. Whatever amount has come in the form of assistance in Prime Minister’s Cares, it should be transferred to Prime Minister’s Relief Fund. This will bring transparency, the amount of 3800 crores already lying in the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund. In this case, the amount of both funds can be used together.